9/10/2005

Happy Birthday Dirk!!!






Today is Dirk's 26th Birthday!!!

He's OLD. Not me though. I'm only 25. Thats still mid-20's. Dirk, however, has moved into his late-20's .

This is Dirk is Scotland taking a break from the Holiday Club festivities. Those kids were great. I fitting tribute to him on his birthday.

So what's going on with us? Not a lot. We got up at 5:45 to do our long run this moring with the group, but Dirk was not felling so hot, so we crawled back in bed. Thats the beauty of only training for a half-marathon. We're about halfway to 13 miles in training and we still have 4 months before we have to run the Houston HP marathon. A week off won't kill us. PLUS, its his birthday, so if he wants to sleep in, he can. It will be nice when we get our saturdays back, right now our "sleep-in" day is Sunday because we dont have to be out of bed until 7:30.

WOW, we're old.

Teaching has been good. I really want my students to love history, but I guess I have to accpet the fact that I'm an idealist in that way. I guess I need to settle for them knowing that I love them--which should be the primary goal anyway. I just get so swept away in what I want them to know, and its kind of scary that I'm jacking with how they will perceive history as they go into high school. I still remember my 8th grade history teacher, so I bet some of them will remember me.


ANYWAY--We're going to the Cheesecake Factory tonight! MMMMMMGodiva Chocolate cheesecake gives me goosebumps. yummmmmmmmmmy!


Maybe one of these days Dirk will take a break from writing hebrew and will post something. I should post a picture of that--its crazy.

No comments: