9/11/2005

Dirk's First Blog

Ah my first blog of this site. I used to think that blogs or what other names that they are called were.....well....stupid. But after becoming addicted to reading them, we decided to come up with out own. Here is what you might see from me on this blog.
1) Things going on in my life (I can sense your excitement already).
2) What I am reading for class, or does that fall under #1?
3) Possibly a paper or two from class....again is that #1?
4) Things in the culture and life in general that bother me and I feel that everyone should get my opinion on, dang #1 again.
5) Surprise topics
OK, OK, with all blogs you are going to get all about me and my thoughts. But that is ok :) I'm not that creative to come up with anything else.

We are also going to post some Links of other cool Blogs. Until then you can click on the links below to get them:
http://jimhamilton.blogspot.com/
http://fide-o.blogspot.com/
http://www.albertmohler.com/

I hope that these will bring some a few laughs, but more importantly challenge you in the things of God.


Kathy suggested that I let you know of what I read for class this week. I read a section from Torbets Baptist Heritage, Selections from Sayings of the Desert Fathers and Harlots of the Deserts (I don't recommend the last two for leisure reading), Romans 1-12, Spiritual Disciplines of the Christian Life (excellent book by Dr. Whitney that is also being done as a study through the Founders Ministry www.founders.org), and finally parts of World Christian Movements. All this on top of Hebrew homework and study for the Haggai Bible study sure made for a long week. I wouldn't want to be doing anything else though!

1 comment:

Manny said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.