3/21/2007

WOOHOO!


You might not have known, but about a month ago I lost my ipod. I was sick about it because it was a gift from Dirk for my birthday. I would like to say that I have never lost an mp3 player before, but that woudl be a lie. So when Dirk trusted me enough to get me another one, I was so excited. I really wanted one because I get distracted easily in the teacher's lounge and I would end up not not getting much done because I would just listen to the banter instead. It's definitely entertaining and fun, but not so great if you HATE taking work home (which I do).
So one Saturday morning I went to take it out of my purse and it was gone. I panicked and searched through everywhere I could think of in the apartment and even drove back up to school in my pjs (Dirk was meeting with a friend) while they were having a literature festival to search around my desk. I was sick. For two days I didnt tell Dirk. I was hoping it would be found before he ever knew it was gone. Finally, a discussion in Sunday school about the conviction of sin broke me and I had to confess to Dirk that I lost my ipod. I was so miserable and ashamed. In the big scheme of things its really JUST an ipod, but to me it was a symbol of responsibility. I lost it after two weeks!! I had no excuse, no explanation. It was just gone. And to think that in a few short weeks I'll be in charge of the care of another human being. yikes!
So the other day when I spotted an earphone and then a whole ipod at the bottom of my backpack, I was elated! I couldnt believe it! It had been there the whole time--riding back and forth to school all this time. I am relieved and thankful. I might have a chance at being a trustworthy mother after all!
So this wasn't that exciting of a story, but I just wanted to tell you--especially if I 've told you previously that I had lost it.

No comments: