3/15/2007

Another thought

I was thinking about my last post and realized that I am drawing inspiration from the wrong Edwards. Very soon I should be looking to Sara as a role model (minus 13 kids) of how to be a godly wife. Not that Jonathan is not an inspiration, but withing a few weeks I will need to find contentment in changing diapers, doing laundry and cleaning up spit up. My job will also be to support Dirk as he studies, goes to work and adjusts to our new family. This is the role that the Lord will have for me and I should not look to the wrong model as I learn what it is to be a godly mother. I will probably not have time to read deep books or study intently--as I will probably just be trying to cope with a new sleep(if I'm lucky)cycle. I pray that I will not compare myself to the wrong people(husband instead of wife), and learn to love my new role as wife and mother instead of wife and teacher.

Oh, and happy Ides of March!

3 comments:

Robin said...

Yet another thing I have been thinking about lately. I sometimes complain about working and do the cleaning, cooking and all those other unexciting things I get to do. But that is the role God has given me. I am to support Jason and take care of our home. I keep looking for other areas of ministry I need to be involved in, but I forget that being a wife is a ministry also. Not that I shouldn't do something else, but I forget that my most important one is at home.

Jenny said...

hmmm . . . I suppose that is why I am not married right now. I can't imagine what it would be like to have a baby. AHHHHH! I took out John Thomas, the middle school youth pastor's child yesterday. I cannot imagine what it would be like being responsible for him all of the time, much less being married - dishes, noooooo!

Jamie said...

My prayer is the same. It is really hard to see the eternal impact of changing diapers and feeding a baby every 2 hours, but it is so there! It is an overlooked, but vital way of building the kingdom. Lord willing, in Josiah and Asher, the Lord will have two more voices to praise him and 4 more hands to serve him, and we get to be the ones to teach them how--amazing!