1/12/2007

Fun Book Meme --Kathy

Robin tagged me for a "Fun Book Meme." (I've never heard of this, but I'm a sucker for anything 'survey-esque')

Here are the directions:

1)Grab the book closest to you
2)Open to page 123, go down to the fourth sentence.
3)Post the text of the following 3 sentences on your blog
4)Name the author and book title
5)Tag three people to do the same

The book is How to Read Literature Like a Professor by Thomas C. Foster

"Okay, so the heavy-metal sound isn't in the hymnal. And this character would be very hard pressed to take over Savior duty. No literary Christ figure can everbe as pure, as perfect, as divine as Jesus Christ."

(From the chapter, "Yes, She's a Christ Figure, Too" I'm not even going to try to explain, but its a good read if you want some insight in literature) I'm tagging Dirk :), Jenny, and my dad (I know I'm being a little too optomistic) although I'm only pretty confident about Dirk responding. If you're reading this, you're included too. Join in the fun. :)

No comments: