1/15/2007

Fun Book Meme--Dirk

Kathy tagged me with this meme thing. But first the Houston Half Marathon update:

I SURVIVED! That was a big concern of mine, especially about mile 11. I was feeling good all the way until I got there. Then for some reason, going down the hill on Montrose right before Allen Pwky my quad started to cramp. Then my calves started to cramp. So I had to slow down my pace and stretch ever 1/2 mile or so. I have been around running long enough to see crazy runners that pushed harder and ended up with full leg cramps....I have vivid memories of lots of screaming from them. Besides the lack of preparation, the warm weather (70 and humid), and the dropping out of my running partner I survived. I also need to say that I think that picture was of me between miles 4 and 5. I was hurting more by mile 6. Maybe next year I'll train better and win the race...ok maybe just train better.

Back to this meme thing. Here are the directions:
1)Grab the book closest to you
2)Open to page 123, go down to the fourth sentence.
3)Post the text of the following 3 sentences on your blog
4)Name the author and book title
5)Tag three people to do the same

#1--The first book I picked up was a Greek Morphology book. Did you know there weren't four sentences on pg 123? So next was God's Indwelling Presence: the Holy Spirit in the Old & New Testaments by Dr. James Hamilton.

#2--In line with Romans 12:1-2, Skaraune points out, "the new people of God are not in a temple, attending a service led by priests, they are the temple and they are its priests, themselves conduction the service." Whereas formerly it was right to worship in Jerusalem at the temple (deut 12:5), God's people are now His temple through the indwelling of the Spirit. This salvation-historical order of events is precisely what we saw in John.
(There are a couple of footnotes in this passage of the book, but this blogger won't let me put them in.)

#4--God's Indwelling Presence: the Holy Spirit in the Old & New Testaments by Dr. James Hamilton

#5--Now I have to find three people that actually look here at this blog. hmmm.....I think these are the last 3:

1. Joe
2. Ryan
3. Jonathan

1 comment:

Joe Kennedy said...

ooops, so you know how i was one of the last 3? so it's been a few months.

but i've re-bookmarked it, and i'll stick around as long as you do.

later guys.