9/14/2006

I CAN'T STAND THE PEER PRESSURE

I've caved after all of the peer pressure put on me to post on this blog. And by all the peer pressure I am referring to two comments on the last post. Blogging has always been in the backseat, but now it is sitting on the bumper. I'm having trouble keeping up with Greek so be warned: there won't be much here by me in the next few months (I know I captivate my readers..ha). Kathy may post if she can stay awake long enough to type something. Maybe someone can get Kathy to post on the vomit story at school, I wasn't there.


OK here is the good stuff. If any of you do not keep up with Dr. Hamilton's blog, you are missing out. He post good things, and you will not disappointed with his articles and essays. He recently posted this in which he lists books all seminary graduates should have read. I'm not there yet. I would go so far as to say that many of the books on this list should be read by all Christians. Yup, you heard it here. I am calling for Christians to be educated....scandalous in this "theological slum" we call a convention (I'm quoting someone else here, don't get mad!). Anyway, once you have read everthing on the list I'll be back to posting--Dirk

3 comments:

Robin said...

I don't know what kind of example you are setting for your students by caving into peer pressure so easily...

I looked through Dr. Hamilton's list, and there are a lot of books on there that I have but haven't read yet. I better get to reading, so you can start posting again. Maybe in 5 years I'll have it all done...maybe.

thelittlefields said...

I would be very impressed if you got it all done in five years. Lots of books, and not exactly "easy" reading. I'm sure it would take more than an afternoon to read a few of those

ng2000 said...

Valuable resource of peer pressure news summaries: http://ng2000.com/ng2000bb/YaBB.pl?num=1221458001