11/08/2005

its that time again...

Wow, its been a while!
I cant believe our last real post was about RITA of all things....the cause of much frustration and anxiety here in the Houston area. I still dont feel like I have recovered--I lost about a week of instructional time in my classroom, and that's really set me back--there is too much to cover in a semester!!! Actually its not, but it takes forever to get students to understand these concepts--mostly because it doesnt even occur to them to maybe read outside of class or possibly DO THEIR HOMEWORK--so consequently, my time in class is precious. I cant have hurricaines come blowing through (or nearly blowing through) and messing everything up. GRRRRR.

I know you (you know who you are) have been checking this blog about once a week always asking "what's going on with Dirk and Kathy these days???" Well, I'll tell you. Lots of busyness. Dirk has been trying to balance a marraige and a social life with his classes--and doing a pretty good job of it. I still love him, we have friends, and he's got stellar grades in class. Just trying to keep up with it all. I just recently had a stomach virus thing this past weekend. Mostly on Sunday, and it was messy. We'll just leave it at that. It was strange because Dirk was able to sub for my classes and so it was nice to not have to freak out and leave detailed messages for someone to pass onto a sub. Its so nice to get to see him as much as I do. In fact, Dirk's coming up with me to school tomorrow--not to sub, but to help me out with a "class activity"--we're going to play Capture the Flag to teach the Revolutionary War--at least I hope thats how it works. :/ Dirk's there for crowd control. I'll let you know how it goes. Student Council is kicking my butt. Everything is, it seems. Too much too fast!!!

But as far as what the Lord's been teaching me....its been good times. Im on a reading track to read the bible in 180 days. I've done stuff like this before, but I always end up getting off track about 2/3 of the way through. I've kept up with this one--maybe because it starts with the New Testament, and its only been about a month or so. But anyway, I just finished Acts and I'm really sad about it. Its been so good to read through the Gospels and then Acts. I like the narrative stuff. Its also been nice to become reacquainted with the person of Jesus. I've liked rereading his conversations and his miracles. (By the way if anyone has Luke 16 figured out, let me know) But a good way to get me excited about the epistles has GOT to be Romans. Nice how that works out.

I've also been very thankful of the Lord bringing to rememberance many of the blessings He has given me. Its been by His grace that I can remember to thank Him for all the good things, especially as they happen. He has been my provision for energy, creativity, lessons, conversations, time, and all the other things that I can so easily assume just "happen." I am so thankful not only for my precious salvation, but for all the little (and not-so-little) things afterward. Its so humbling to know that He really is mindful of me and my ways and that He really wants all of me--oh that I can give Him all of me! I love Augustine's prayer "Lord, command what You will, and give what You command" He provides for what He demands!! What a gracious God.

Well thats about it in a nutshell ("How did I get in in here??") We've been having some pretty great conversations lately, but we'll have to save that for another post. Have a good one(whatever it is)!

1 comment:

john-mark said...

kathy, Kathy, Kathy its soo good to see you voice again. I hope all is going well with you and dirk down in H-town.
god bless
john-mark ratliff