6/30/2006

Free Theological Training

For all of you that are interested in some free theological training, I have got the websites for you. I recently became aware of two websites that would be of help for any Christian wanting to go into deeper study of scripture. These two sites seem promising and I know that the speakers are very credible. Many of them are evangelical leaders in their field of study. Remember that you can't earn a formal degree for free, but these are lectures given in seminaries. Enjoy--Dirk

First is the Biblical Training website. It has such well known teachers as Bruce Ware (The Southern Baptist Seminary), John Piper (Bethlehem Baptist Church), and Paul House (Guest Lecturing at Beeson Divinity School). I started Paul Houses OT course, but haven't gotten very far.

Secondly is the Convenant Theological Seminary funded by the Presbyterian Church of American (PCA). There is a LONG list of free courses on the right side of the page. Even if you aren't a paedobaptist these courses would serve you well. I plan on listening to a few of them during Christmas...I got too much to study now.

Lastly, I found this free course on the book of John offered by the Southern Baptist Convention. I haven't listened to it, and I don't know of the professor. Listen at your own risk, but I imagine that it will be good. It is at the very bottom of the web page. (yeah I know I said two websites and posted three, but this is just one course does it really count?)

No comments: